Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.
- Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.
- If you don't know where you're going...
- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of the things not meant for you.
- If you don't build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs.
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.
- Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?
- You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
Categoriesaccomplishment action attitude belief caring character compassion confidence courage decision discipline discovery doing effort emotion fear focus friendship giving goals habits happiness help honest improve inspire judgement kindness knowledge love motivation observation obstacles personal growth procrastination question reflection self improvement self knowledge setting an example struggle thinking time understanding work
- March 2014 (11)
- February 2014 (29)
- January 2014 (32)
- December 2013 (31)
- November 2013 (32)
- October 2013 (31)
- September 2013 (30)
- August 2013 (32)
- July 2013 (31)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (31)
- April 2013 (30)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (32)
- December 2012 (33)
- November 2012 (31)
- October 2012 (31)
- September 2012 (31)
- August 2012 (31)
- July 2012 (31)
- June 2012 (30)
- May 2012 (31)
- April 2012 (31)
- March 2012 (32)
- February 2012 (29)
- January 2012 (32)
- December 2011 (31)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (31)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (31)
- July 2011 (31)
- June 2011 (30)
- May 2011 (31)
- April 2011 (31)
- March 2011 (30)
Category Archives: conscience
To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. - Marcus Aurelius What does that mean? Another classically brief quote. But it is packed with meaning. It is talking about revenge and how to best achieve it. However, it doesn’t say to … Continue reading
There is no person so severely punished, as those who subject themselves to the whip of their own remorse.
There is no person so severely punished, as those who subject themselves to the whip of their own remorse. - Seneca What does that mean? The first thing to acknowledge with this quote is that there are people to whom this … Continue reading
Through education we have to lead people to see that concern for others is actually in their own interest.
Through education we have to lead people to see that concern for others is actually in their own interest. - Dalai Lama What does that mean? This quote starts by recognizing one of the primary truths of life. We cannot force people … Continue reading
Each person must live their life as a model for others. - Rosa Parks What does that mean? Think about that for a moment. There are people who have famously said that they are not a role model, but they are … Continue reading
The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr. What does that mean? I was reminded of this quote in a recent e-mail exchange. The … Continue reading
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. – Voltaire What does that mean? This quote was shortened far before the advent of Twitter. It is from one of his books, and the complete quote is: … Continue reading
There is a point at which the law becomes immoral and unethical. That point is reached when it becomes a cloak for the cowardice…
There is a point at which the law becomes immoral and unethical. That point is reached when it becomes a cloak for the cowardice that dares not stand up against blatant violations of justice. - Kurt Huber What does that mean? … Continue reading